Red, White & Blue Fashion Tips!
Going to a 4th of July BBQ this weekend? Learn how to show your patriotism and still look cute and fashionable! Cosmopolitan.com gave a few tips on how to look sophisticated in your three favorite colors!
Q: Is there a sophisticated way to wear red, white, and blue?
A: I’m a big fan of going all out and embracing the wilder, more theatrical side of holiday dressing, but there are certainly ways to dress patriotically without wrapping yourself in a giant American flag:
1. Instead of stars and stripes, try plaids, polka dots, florals, and solid-color clothes and accessories. And if you do decide to go for the traditional star and stripe prints, look for ones that are a little more delicate, like tiny stars and narrow stripes.
2. Choose shades and tones of red, white, and blue that are different from the ones on the actual flag — brighter, softer, darker, whatever.
3. Mix in other prints and colors so that the red, white, and blue is just a part of your look and not the whole thing.
4. Add textures like lace, leather, and eyelet to make the whole look feel a little less flat and flag-like.
5. Build your look around either red, white, or blue, and use the other colors — or even just one of them — as accents.
Hope this helped! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!